Kiwi Fruit (1kg)
Kiwi is the secret superfood you have been missing.
Kiwi is a small fruit, usually smaller than your typical apple or orange. But don’t let its size fool you. Kiwis are packed with a lot of flavor and are an excellent source of nutrition.
Their green flesh is sweet and tangy. It’s also full of nutrients like vitamin C, vitamin K, vitamin E, folate, and potassium. They also have a lot of antioxidants and are a good source of fiber. Their small black seeds are edible, as is the fuzzy brown peel, though many prefer to peel the kiwi before eating it.
Here’s the nutritional breakdown for one kiwifruit, about 69 grams (g):
- 42 calories (cal)
- 215 milligrams (mg) of potassium, or 5 percent recommended daily value (DV)
- 1 g of dietary fiber, or 8 percent DV
- 8 g of protein, or 2 percent DV
- 23 mg of calcium, or 2 percent DV
- 64 mg of vitamin C, or 107 percent DV
- 2 g of sugar
- 1 mg of vitamin E, or 5 percent DV
- 8 micrograms (mcg) of vitamin K or 35 percent DV
- 7 mg of magnesium, or 3 percent DV
- 60 international units (IU) of vitamin A or 1 percent DV
- 17 mcg of folate